Happy New Year to all you lovely people! May it bring you good cheer, brilliant books and more experiences worth remembering than not.
If you’ve followed my blog, you might know by now that I love making Top Ten lists.
This time, I thought I’d make a post exclusive to the New Year!
- Finish my book. Last year gave form to an amazing world of the fantastic, a world I want nothing more than to share with everyone willing to read it. It’s a world I’m proud of, and one which I can’t wait to show my friends and family, and anyone else who’d be willing to go on a brand new journey.
- Get back to drawing. I used to draw up until a few years ago. Loved it! The attention to detail, the patience required, the sheer amount of dedication, they are breathtaking. I’d love to find the time.
- Read more. I read over a hundred books, comic books and the like over 2017. Still, it’s never enough. I want to do better.
- Write more. Writing is somehow the most difficult and easiest activity in the world for me. I’ve learned so much in the last year, thanks in no small part to a few fantastic, supporting individuals, who went through some messy drafts of my short stories and showed me weak spots. Thank you, Amy, Vasi, if you’re reading this. You’ve done me a great service, one I can’t easily repay.
- Be less of an ass. Snigger. Yeah, right.
- Dare to get out of my comfort zone.
- Grow my audience, both on the blog and on YouTube. I love writing on my blog, and I love making videos about games on YouTube. I also realize that my schedule for both has been sporadic and chaotic, to say the least. I need to do better, and I’ll try not to fall into a hole of despair and self-pity as I sometimes do. Those are bad for both these platforms.
- Be more active, in many, many ways.
- Pick up a sport, or learn to dance. Or both. I used to do fencing a few years ago, and I loved it. Got into a fight with my coach, though. Perhaps it’s time to bury the hatchet. In his head. Cackle.
- Stop being a bloody lazy bum, you bum!
Aye, that’s it! My first post for 2018! May this year be better than 2017, whether the last year was good for you, or not. I love you all.
Yes, even you, Mr. Guy-who-stopped-reading-back-at-the-beginning. You evil arse.
Leave a Reply