- Grumbrum live in cave. Cave pretty. Sparkle much. Really pretty!
- Little men come in cave! They poke Grumbrum with tiny hammers. Legs hurt. Stupid little men–dwarves.
Dwarf soup delicious. Grumbrum happy.
- Long time come since Grumbrum have soup. Grumbrum hungry. He go out of cave.
He miss cave!
- Little men throw wooden sticks at Grumbrum. Sticks sharp. Unpleasant. So is sun.
- Little men come in different forms! Village is full of them. They tasty.
Grumbrum just kidding! He only eat men-dwarves.
- Village is empty for long time now. No more tasty people come see Grumbrum. Grumbrum sad. He lonely. Maybe he eat shiny man who write list.
Grumbrum just kidding! He likes man who use tiny feather. Man is funny, he use long words to talk to Grumbrum sometimes.
Grumbrum will eat writing man last.
- Dark Lord come to re-krud Grumbrum. No want to go with him. Try eat him instead!
- Dark Lord make everything hurt, then leave. He laugh at Grumbrum! Mean Dark Lord!
- Grumbrum dying, he thinks. He turn to stone. Fall into earth. Unto dirt.
- A little she-child came today. She left flowers in Grumbrum’s hand, and sang songs to him, and danced under the rays of the sun.
I am at peace, now.